Accessibility: Kennebunkport, Maine Hotel
Accessibility During Hotel Booking
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on firstname.lastname@example.org regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Captain Fairfield Inn is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease. To search for guest room availability, click here.
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Modify our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through our reservations system is held for the reserving guest, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find in the footer of our web site pages.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at email@example.com.
To learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) click here.
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for Captain Fairfield Inn is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
ADA Accessibility Features at Captain Fairfield Inn
Captain Fairfield Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine is committed to accommodating the needs of all our guests, and we strive to provide visitors with as accessible a lodging experience as possible.
Our Inn is located in an original ship captain's home built in 1813 in downtown Kennebunkport. Because we are located in a historic building, our unique 9-room Kennebunkport boutique hotel may not be accessible to all, or may present challenges in providing easy and independent access.
Before booking a reservation, please note that there are 4 exterior steps required to enter the lobby/check-in area, and 3 exterior stairs required to enter by the front door. There is no elevator on property. Though we do have two 1st floor rooms, one (the Lark Suite) has 1 step up to enter the bathroom and the other (the Vineyard Vines room) is difficult to maneuver for anyone with distinct mobility issues. Our guest rooms do not meet ADA accessibility requirements due to the historic nature of the property.
We are currently making accessibility enhancements to our website. If you have any questions about accessibility related to our property, or to make reservations, please contact us at (207) 967-4454.